Bath, United Kingdom
15 days ago
Role: Senior Developer - Backend
Responsible for working with the Development team to write well designed, efficient code by using best software development practices, supporting the development team and proactively ensuring the success of allocated work.
- 12 months demonstrable ability to produce clean well-documented magento
- Member in a commercial PHP Development team for at least 2 years,
Main duties of the post
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead to implement business requirements and technical specification documents
- Collaborate with the Programme Lead to deliver business requirements and technical specification documents
- Interpret business requirements and technical specification documents, deliver an appropriate technical solution to agreed quality and timelines
- Perform coding to agreed coding standards
- Provide progress reports on tasks and projects
- Manage to completion the investigation, analysis and documentation of reported defects
- Manage to completion the correction of identified defects
- Create, document, and implement unit tests and scripts
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates
- Ensure Github repositories are maintained for allocated tasks.
- Proactively suggest improvements in customer programmes of work to Programme Lead.
- Ensure maintenance development of programmes of work occurs.
- To be part of an escalation process for technical guidance in the wider development team
- Actively support and mentor less senior members of the development team
- Create business requirement and technical specification documents
- Avoid duplicated effort by monitoring inbound tasks and ensuring abstracted solutions are implemented
- Support the Programme Lead in delivering tasks to agreed quality and timelines
- Perform related duties as assigned
What we are about as a company?
Our mission: To create more human and compelling ecommerce experiences.
Our vision: To provide customers with stand-out service and support, and lead change in our industry.
Our values: We Work Together, We Take Ownership, We Thrive When We Learn, We Go Beyond & We Do The Right Thing.
We have big plans for growth and we're excited about our future as a business. Everyone here as been recruited because they're not only experts at what they do, but they each bring something special to the team. Our culture is hugely important to us, and our mission, vision and values (which every single member of team played a part in shaping), are at the heart of everything we do. We work hard to create a fun, relaxed and supportive environment with a culture of continuous feedback and open communication. There are monthly all-company meetings, showcase sessions, daily team stand-ups and regular social events. We want our team to perform to the very best of their abilities, which is why we offer regular training and development opportunities, quarterly performance reviews, 'We Go Beyond' achiever lunches and a company bonus scheme.