Langley, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
Salary: £55k + 10% bonus
Do you love pure technical accounting and the idea of being part of the bigger picture in a global & dynamic environment?
We have a brand new position within our Group controllership team & as a Senior Financial Accountant , you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech!
We are the only true travel commerce platform in the world.
We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by We…
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Group Controllership function, you will lead on the preparation of quarterly and financial statements, analysis of group results and play pivotal roles in various projects.
A learning experience, progression opportunities, exposure to senior partners and exciting project opportunities are just a few of the reasons to keep on reading!
What will you be doing? •
- You will take full responsibility for the creation of the footnotes to the annual consolidated financial statements, taking into account US GAAP mentorship that became effective during the year
· You are the point of contact to send out the additional information requests to the regional controllers, collecting, analysing and resolving any apparent discrepancies.
· Analyse, challenge and process edits, for draft financial statements and MD&A, received from management, auditors, legal and other groups.
· Review and analysis of critical accounting areas, such as Customer Dedication Payments • Preparing journals for complex accounting transactions, such as LTIP, acquisitions, disposals, and refinancing.
· Support on corporate project activity such as company liquidations, corporate restructuring and dividends.
· You'll support the coordination of the global statutory compliance process which involves liaising with internal and external partners
· You will carry out processes in relation to corporate audit controls. Plan, document, review controls periodically.
· Preparation/review of the Statutory Accounts for Local entities to ensure there is no inconsistency in disclosures/presentations/reporting.
· Retaining ownership of the supporting documents filed for the statements.
- You'll interact with auditors and assist with their audit on the annual financial statements (audit of footnote disclosures, etc).
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
Be a player, not a spectator; You will seize ownership and make things happen.
Think we, not me: We are One , collaborating to succeed.
Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
Build for tomorrow: You will challenge the norm, thrive for success and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions-focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering.
All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
• Qualified Accountant
• Experience with either auditing or preparing financial statements is critical.
• Technically strong with practical exposure.
• An aptitude for analysis.
• A problem solver with an interest in continuous improvement.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch. What’s in it for you? You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status