£37k - £40k
about 1 month ago
Role: Senior Development Manager (Fundraising; Trusts, Foundations and Govts)
Must Haves: Senior Development Manager
- A proven track record in fundraising from trusts, foundations and other grant-giving bodies.
- Experience in working with the Arts Council England or the National Lottery Heritage Fund is an asset but not essential.
- Extensive experience of drafting well written, successful and persuasive funding bids, evaluation reports and project budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of public sector and charity fundraising, including government priorities and policies, and arts and voluntary sector funding and investment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to build successful relationships internally and externally.
- A flexible and credible team player, with the ability to prioritise, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure within a busy office environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passion for the arts.
Main Duties: Senior Development Manager
1. Strategy and Pipeline
- Contribute to the preparation of the overall Development strategy, with a particular emphasis on trusts, foundations and statutory sources.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to develop a bespoke fundraising strategy to maximise the income of the Galleries from Arts Council England, charitable trusts, foundations, embassies and cultural institutes and any other statutory sources.
- Lead on implementation of and reporting on the Trusts, Foundations and Government Fundraising Strategy.
- Research, identify and manage an active pipeline of prospects of the widest possible range of appropriate funding sources using the dedicated CRM system.
- Liaise closely with the Head of Patrons and Philanthropy Manager to identify and approach trusts and foundations where giving is personally driven, to maximise gift potential.
- Keep abreast of research and current policies and trends relevant to fundraising within the arts in the UK and in Europe.
2. Funding Applications
- Working closely with colleagues from different departments and the Director of Development to generate and develop ideas for desirable, deliverable and exciting projects that meet the aspirations of trusts, foundations and statutory funders.
- Work independently and with colleagues to make approaches and prepare appropriately tailored proposals and applications to charitable trusts, foundations, embassies and cultural institutes and statutory sources, in line with the agreed strategy.
- Prepare all Arts Council England and other statutory funding bids (including National Lottery Community Fund and National Lottery Heritage Fund), liaising closely with the Director of Development, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial and Operating Officer, Artistic Director and other senior staff.
- Communicate any funder requirements and policies with particular reference to the Equality Action Plan, Disability Action Plan and protection of Children Policy to the Senior Management Team to ensure compliance.
- Achieve the targeted level of income for the Trusts, Foundations and Government income stream.
3. Reporting and Record Keeping
- Write and compile the required reports for Arts Council England and major funders and oversee submission of reports to trust and statutory funders on the outcomes of the supported projects and how the funds were utilised.
- Ensure that all funder deadlines are met with the submission of the highest quality data and reporting.
- Prepare research and briefing materials for use by the Director of Development, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial and Operating Officer, Artistic Director and other senior staff in approaches to charitable trusts and foundations.
4. Relationship Management
- Act as main point of contact between the Galleries and Arts Council England as a National Portfolio Organisation and maintain ongoing relationships with national and local government bodies.
- Manage all aspects of the relationship with actual and potential trusts, foundations and statutory donors.
- Keep accurate records of Trusts, Foundations and Government income stream pledges, actual gifts and relationships.
- Arrange meetings for trust, foundation, embassy or cultural institute donors and potential donors to attend projects and meet project staff.
- Ensure that all gifts and their allocations are recorded accurately on the database and that donors are thanked appropriately and acknowledged according to the level of their gift and its allocation.
- Develop ideas for specific cultivation and stewardship events for trusts, foundations and statutory donors and prospects to raise the profile of the Organisation with these funders and implement them in collaboration with the Events team.
- Represent the Organisation at events and those hosted by others.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the post.
5. Other Duties
- Any other activities as are necessary for the smooth operation of the Development team and their strategic objectives.
- Adhere to, and actively contribute to all policies, including Dignity at Work and Health & Safety.
- Be a champion for the Creative Case for Diversity of Arts Council England to ensure best practice through a proactive approach to equality, diversity and inclusion.