Leaderhead, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
Role: Senior Java Developer
Salary: £80K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the nature of the projects you are working on you must either have current SC clearance or be eligible to gain SC clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Java Developer you will be working as part of large team. Working alongside other experienced developers you will be expected to rapidly acquire the business and technical knowledge of the application to become productive. You will lead the team’s design, implementation and verification of discrete packages of software, enabling the team to contribute to project/service software deliverables. You will be involved in a high volume of change requests. You will identify and fix bugs within the codebase, and assists others with their more complex bugs.
The role will see you lead the teams change control procedures and processes; controls scope-creep. It is also a key part of the role to interface technically with the client. You will be expected to estimate accurately and deliver your work on time and to a high quality, and take responsibility for any necessary documentation for production and release teams. You must be prepared to be flexible and adaptable, and be prepared to advise, share knowledge and take responsibility for the technical delivery of any assigned developers.
- Back end serverside Java developer with strong core Java 7/8 development experience.
- Multi threaded programming (e.g. with Java 8 and/or Guava Futures)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Domain Modelling, Design Patterns and Clean Coding techniques and principles. Someone who can pick up complicated specs quickly and has a deep understanding of test driven development methods
- A thorough understanding of a broad range of Software development lifecycles is key,
- Experience of dependency Injection techniques (CDI and/or Spring).
You will be an excellent team player and able to work precisely and to high quality. This is for a large Programme with tight timescales, so you must be prepared to be flexible and adaptable, and must be prepared to advise, share knowledge and take responsibility for the technical delivery of any assigned developers.
Exposure to the below is also desirable but not essential:
- Working on large teams, geographically distributed in a near-shore model
- Good understanding of performance/clustering/scalability concerns
- Web Services (HTTP, ReST, JSON, XML) (2 years)
- Database techniques (JDBC, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, techniques in Distributed Data Stores (e.g. VoltDB), query tuning) (2 years)
- Appreciation of Java Security (digital signing, certificates, PKI) (1 year)
- Java build and configuration / DevOps, familiarity with Windows and Linux-based systems and cloud architectures
- Task planning and reporting experience in hybrid agile/waterfall/document-driven projects
Be part of something exciting and important and join us as a Senior Java Developer. As part of the Energy, Utilities and Telecoms Business unit you will be joining our fastest growing business unit. Do you want to be part of a vital programme for work in the UK? Do you want to take your career to the next level in a company that empowers its members to improve their skills? If so, please apply.
As a Senior Java Developer you will be part of the team working on the Smart Metering programme. A Critical piece of National Infrastructure with the aim of delivering Smart Meters to 26 million homes in the UK.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, we are at the centre of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.