3 months ago
If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere where there is a pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, this could be the job for you. We are looking for talented Android developers who get excited about technology, love learning new skills and want to work for a company where building great software is a primary focus of the business. This is an opportunity to work for a progressive forward-thinking company where the products that the Development team build are essential to the success of the company.
You will be working on new and interesting projects and gain exposure to the latest technologies, whilst at the same time have some fun and working with a great bunch of people. You will be working as a developer in one of our small, self-organising, cross-functional teams in a place that knows the application of agile means far more than just putting the word Scrum in the title of meetings. You will be expected to contribute to all facets of the development process. Along with the rest of the team, you will be responsible for design, architecture and writing code for all areas of the product whether it be the front end, server side, database or even deployment and build infrastructure.
Founded in 1975, a privately-owned company, an expert outsourced international Contract Sales organisation that specialises in FMCG and technical sales for a variety of clients across every market segment. Originally started as a provider of tactical services, we have evolved to become a dynamic software led provider of contract sales, utilising data and technology to revolutionise the entire industry. The company is currently going through an exciting growth phase and candidates will be joining a forward-thinking organisation at an exciting time.
Skills & Requirements Must have
• 7+ years of commercial experience
• Excellent knowledge of Android Material design guidelines and best practices
• Experience of using the latest Android framework like Android Architecture Components (Room, Volley , ViewModel, LiveData)
• Excellent knowledge of building scalable code using dependency injection (Dagger, Kodein), RXJava, Retrofit/Volley
• Experience of building complex Android applications using the latest design patterns (MVP, MVVM etc)
• Experience working with a variety of web services data formats (e.g. JSON, XML, ProtoBuf), architectural styles (e.g. REST, SOAP) and authentication schemes (e.g. OAuth2.0)
• Excellent understanding of Junit, Mockito and Expresso.
• Good understanding of Gradle and the Android Studio build process
• Experience in developing applications in Kotlin
• Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
• Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments.
• CANDIDATES HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK **