London, United Kingdom
12 days ago
Job Title: Software QA Engineer – Technical Solutions
Salary: £50 to £60k
Who we are
A large and diverse organisation, employing over 3000 people with a mission to help people make the most of their lives by providing good quality affordable homes, working with communities and promoting wellbeing.
Role - Software QA Engineer – Technical Solutions.
This role is part of the technical solutions department. Technical Solutions is responsible to drive technology innovation and deliver pragmatic and working solutions aligned with our strategic goals in its continuing mission to improve the efficiency of the operations and the customer satisfaction of the customers. Currently under an ambitious transformation program, technical solutions play a pivotal role in delivery and customer satisfaction. The role reports to the Software Development Manager
Skills/Experience required - Software QA Engineer – Technical Solutions.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
Must Have - Software QA Engineer – Technical Solutions.
- Experience of performing the tester role in a Scrum-agile context, including a clear understanding of how the Scrum team operates.
- Experience of manual testing from test scripts and the communication of test results.
- Ability to create tests and test scripts from user story acceptance criteria.
- Ability to write and maintain well-formed test scenarios at a feature level.
- Experience performing exploratory testing.
- Good knowledge of testing techniques and practice.
Desirable - Software QA Engineer – Technical Solutions.
- Experience of working in the Social Housing sector.
- Experience of using MS Team Foundation Server and MS Test Manager for the management of requirements and test information.
- Experience testing with Dynamics CRM products.
- Ability to contribute to the creation of automated tests and a knowledge of BDD.
Qualifications required - Software QA Engineer – Technical Solutions.
- ISTQB or ISEB certification to Foundation level.
- Under-graduate degree or equivalent in a computing discipline.
- 3+ years as a tester of software applications.