3 months ago
- Must have commercial experience.
- Want someone with a specialist background - No generalist backgrounds.
- Candidates from a Russel University
- Good Quality of Work - Great work life balance and Spalding is a great place for young families to settle.
- For relocation – this area has good grammar schools
- The Peterborough office is just a 45-minute commute from London.
- Very flexible on where candidates can work.
- 5% of salary bonus
- 50% off gym membership
- Vitality health care - add family members 75%
- Sick pay
- Relocation packages - 8K - this includes help with schools and accommodation etc.
- Every other week a qualified reflexologist & masseuse vast Spalding office.
- A dry-cleaning service will visit the Spalding office.
- £1250 towards legal fee's - i.e. will/house purchasing
Team set up
- Spalding office - 180
- Nottingham office - 10
- Peterborough - 12
- Alconbury - 4
- Depending on the role, there is flexibility on which office to work out of.
We are a commercial practice with a strong focus on commercial property, agriculture and rural estates and the food sector. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
Since its beginnings in Lincolnshire over 80 years ago, we have developed beyond its historic East Midlands heartland. We act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 150 law firms. Our people work out of four offices: Spalding, Nottingham, Peterborough and Alconbury.
We take an active, hands-on and long-term approach, getting to know our clients and their businesses over many years. This means we can anticipate and deal with complex and challenging issues that really matter - not just to the success of the businesses themselves but to the wellbeing of the families that depend on them.
Many of our 26 partners trained with us; this has been one of the keys to our success and we aim to continue to grow organically, while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet our strategic goals.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Providing expert legal advice to a range of clients including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
- Management of Client/Matter files
- Carrying out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
- Proactively developing new business opportunities from internal cross-referrals, existing clients and other professionals
- Meeting agreed targets for chargeable time, fee income generated, billing and fee collection
Key Skills and Experience
Applicants will be a qualified Solicitors with at least 2 years PQE and preferably with 5 years plus:
Experience of working in Commercial Property - Development, across a range of clients, handling a diverse range of issues
Ideally experience working with National Property developers.
Experience in site set ups for developers would be an advantage
A strong desire to learn and widen knowledge
Ability to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also to work with more experience Partners and Fee Earners on more complex and specialised matters as required
Experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and professionals including a natural ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives in a dynamic way
Good communication skills to explain legal matters clearly to clients
Discretion and the ability to respect client confidentiality
Tackles tasks in a structured manner to ensure completion to a high standard
Solid organisation and time management skills
Experience of working in a team and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues
Proven attention to detail and drafting skills
- Sound problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
Pension, Parking, Commission/Bonus, Gym Membership, Healthcare/Dental, Other (discuss with your HH Account manager)
Experience of working in Commercial Property-Development