London, United Kingdom
12 months ago
Role: Solutions Architect
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + Benefits
We are a large diverse organisation, employing over 3000 people. This role is part of the technical solutions department. Technical Solutions is responsible to drive technology innovation and deliver pragmatic and working solutions aligned with our strategic goals in its continuing mission to improve the efficiency of the operations and the customer satisfaction of the customers. Currently under an ambitious transformation program, Technical solutions play a pivotal role in delivery and customer satisfaction.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on software/technical architect role to help us compose, design and implement solutions combining software/ components either built in house or acquired in a hybrid application architectural landscape.
To ensure that new and changed features/systems/solutions created by the technical solutions team are fit-for-purpose and meet business requirements.
Solutions Architect work across delivery teams and coordinate with other teams within the IT department to ensure that the service delivered to the business users is of the highest standard.
Skills/Experience required: Solutions Architect
· Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
Required Skills: Solutions Architect
- Experience of performing the solutions/software/technical architect role in a Scrum-agile context, including a clear understanding of how the Scrum team operates and using Microsoft related technologies.
- Extended knowledge of Microsoft Azure and most of the components offered by it
- Experience providing solution based on Microsoft Azure to address usual architectural challenges (IDAM, Auth, persistence, availability, disaster and recovery)
- Keen eye to research for technologies and tools (proprietary or open source) compatible with Our IT reality and find ways to improve the state by adopting them
- Exposure to MS products/platforms/technologies and tools compatible with Our IT reality and find ways to improve the state by adopting them
- Strong knowledge of architecture patterns and principals
- Extensive and deep experience in designing and developing software using well established practices and Microsoft related technologies (p.e. MS visual Studio) including but not limited to
- Microsoft .net/ .net core
- Web apps (asp.net)/ web api
- SQL and no SQL databases (MS SQL, Cosmos DB etc)
- Unit, integration, and behavioural testing practices and tools (test and mock frameworks etc)
- Understanding Azure devops environment (Git) and CI/CD pipelines
- BDD(specflow etc)
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes etc)
Desirable Skills: Solutions Architect
- Knowledge of Dynamics CRM products, Sharepoint, O365.
- Experience working throughout software development lifecycle.
- Experience of working in the Social Housing sector or generally not for profit organizations.
- Computer science or IT related degree