Chester, United Kingdom
4 months ago
We are an expanding independent UK company providing holiday property rentals.
We have won a prestigious "Best in Industry" award at the British Travel Awards.
The successful Systems Accountant we be working within our detail orientated Finance Team, this position sits amongst our dedicated team of Project Accountants responsible for the initial technical and accounting integration and reporting of any new acquisition, developments or initiatives.
As our newest Project Accountant, you will be lending your skills to a range of ad-hoc projects as and when necessary. This is a varied role, involving working alongside our wider Finance team including working with the existing M&A team to understand and manage financial integrations of new acquisition and liaising with external advisors to complete initial accounting and legal requirements.
You will be reporting to the Senior Project and Systems Accountant and will be a constant role model regarding our values, ensure they become a way of working for the whole team giving every customer (internal and external) a ‘World Class Customer Experience’. Your role includes identifying, sharing and spreading best practise throughout the business, and demonstrating excellent teamwork. You will also ensure that all decisions are based on the achievement of the Company Strategic Pillars.
This is a highly varied role and you will be accountable for the following key areas:
- Working with the existing M&A team to understand and take on the financial integration of any new acquisitions
- Working with external advisors in order to complete any initial accounting and legal requirements
- Liaising with colleagues around the business and at the acquisition sites as part of the integration process
- Produce supporting reconciliations for the completion accounts/acquisition accounting entries from the accounting systems.
- Working with the existing team to integrate the accounting systems of new business segments into the back office software and the accounting software.
- Supporting the technical integration of acquisitions including planning the proposed integration method and testing the results
- General acquisition integration support e.g. reviewing processes, transferring systems, general administration.
- Supporting external audit requirements.
- Working with external valuation team to prepare valuation reports for valuation of intangibles on acquisition
- Assisting with production of the year end statutory accounts (including consolidation) compliant with IFRS
- Working alongside the current Finance M&A team and management to specify the accounting requirements of any new developments and supporting the go live process and subsequent testing requirements.
- Assist in improving processes across the company to increase efficiency
- Working with the existing team to support projects and other aspects of financial reporting.
- Working with the existing team to support internal audit requirements
- Liaising with other departments and supporting ad-hoc requests
Skill Requirements as Systems Accountant
Essential to have:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Accounting qualification or training for qualification e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Experience working with Excel to an intermediate (or higher) standard.
- Experience working in a commercial finance department
- Experience working with various accounting packages such as Sage 50, Sage 200, Xero.
- Experience with integration of two different accounting systems
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of group accounting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- An additional day off during the week of your Birthday
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff pension
- Private Medical
- Death in Service payment