London, United Kingdom
11 months ago
Role: Tax Manager
Salary: Competitive + Pension + Healthcare
Who we are:
A British multinational conglomerate company based in London, with operations in United Kingdom and Pakistan. The group owns the UK's second largest wholesaler serving 125,000 independent retailers and caterers from 64 warehouses nationwide.
The Role – Tax Manager:
We are now looking for a Tax Manager to join our growing UK Finance Team. Reporting to the Head of Finance of the Wholesale Finance team based in our Head Office this is a pivotal role within our Finance Function.
The successful Tax Manager will have responsibility for leading on all UK tax related issues including:
- Corporate tax and VAT compliance
- Managing UK tax risks and governance
- Owning the tax risk register
- Ensuring tax maintains a high profile within the group
- Being the main contact for communication with HMRC
- Providing tax input to any group structuring projects including acquisitions and disposals
- Preparing tax accounting for inclusion in entity level and group consolidated statutory accounts
- Answering ad hoc tax queries from around the business
- Working closely with external advisors as necessary
We’re ideally looking for an ACA qualified accountant with extensive tax experience and expertise (at least 80% of your current remit being within this area). You will also have extensive experience of dealing with external tax consultants and the HMRC as well as HMRC reporting.
You'll be an excellent communicator, incisive with a hands on approach to work independently and the ability to dig into and question the detail.
We offer an attractive benefits package including a salary commensurate with experience, contributory pension, private healthcare (family cover), death in service, free on-site parking, free on-site gym and wholesale membership card allowing you to shop at all of our sites.