Cambridge, United Kingdom
10 months ago
Role: Tax Senior Manager
Salary: £63k + Benefits
Who we are:
We are a leading Accounting and Advisory firm working with a big range of clients across the UK. We are a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. We have created our own unique culture, one that allows you to have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible structure, in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential.
Our clients are proud to work with us – they see that we help them unlock their potential for growth and recommend us to other similar, dynamic organisations. We are proud of our position in our local and regional markets and the reputation we have developed not just for the excellence of our client work but, as importantly, for the culture of our team.
Our Tax team is comprised of Specialists across all direct and indirect corporate taxes, including Corporation Tax, International tax structuring, VAT, PAYE and NIC, private client tax and trusts
We are a flexible employer and can offer a range of flexible working patterns from part to full-time, as well as working from home.
What you’ll be doing:
A Senior Manager must demonstrate depth of technical knowledge in own service area and apply this knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues. Can manage a team dealing with complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis.
- be joining a growing and award winning team who are focused on solving a number of complex issues for our varied client base. You'll become part of our specialist team, supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of tax issues. Our work embraces everything from preparing tax returns to negotiating with tax authorities and providing advice tailored to your unique circumstances.
• Proactively seeks out business development opportunities.
• Participates fully in new client pitch situations.
• Builds a personal network from which referrals are received.
• Is proactive in developing, maintaining and monitoring their network using a structured approach.
• Organises and attends office marketing events, is aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs and following up on any contacts made.
• Takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation.
• Manages client assignments that are sizable in both scope and scale and high net worth clients.
• Writes high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners.
• Acts as a focal point for the delivery of sophisticated tax advice to clients and the business.
• Demonstrates an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
• Provides reliable and effective technical support to the partners in their chosen area, recognising issues to manage technical risk.
• Consults on a variety of technical areas, including the ability to identify those able to provide support in relation to technical risk.
• Runs complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis.
• Demonstrates broad technical knowledge in own client service area.
• Develops solutions to increasingly complex technical issues.
Other key attributes:.
• Takes responsibility and ownership for wider team issues.
• Leads, manages, motivates and coaches managers by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely
• Assists with technical training and development.
• Proactively manages own career, seeking out opportunities to work on a variety of assignments to build on existing experience.
• Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
• Monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate.
• A clear understanding of the teams profit and loss account.
• Meets own financial target set.
- You'll have post qualified experience (ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You'll have experience of managing a large portfolio of tax clients
- You'll have demonstrable Business Development experience