£40k - £45k
20 days ago
Job Title: Technical Architect
Location: Manchester Remote
Salary: up to 45k
We are at the forefront of technology and procurement within the public sector. We deliver a true Cloud and Mobile First approach. Our goal is to help clients to get clarity on what cloud means for them and their organisation.
Who we are looking for: You need to be work confidently with our clients to develop, design, document and implement transformation from on-prem IT to hybrid cloud/cloud.
Role Description: As an Architect, you are one of the senior technical resources in the organisation with responsibility for delivering successful SC: Strategy and SC: Transform projects. You will be responsible for engaging customers and helping them to formulate their strategy on cloud that is relevant to their organisation. You will be expected to understand current technology solutions, formulate and develop technical solutions, guiding the customer on the path to achieving their desired goals.
You will be expected to provide input into and support the pre-sales teams in functions such as proposal writing, customer meetings and marketing activities. You will be expected to be one of the main thought leaders in the business on Azure cloud services and provide coordination of complex consultancy and architecture projects for our customers.
You will be responsible for ensuring our customers obtain value from projects, inputting in to project plans and creating Architecture Solution Design Documents as part of the planning process.
- 5+ years’ experience
- Experience of working with a broad range of technologies can demonstrate that they have been trained in at least one architecture methodology and can show use of that architecture methodology as well as good written and verbal communication skills, who can articulate complex concepts and solutions.
- Proven ability to understand complex infrastructure environments, see solutions and present high-level solution concepts, resources and costs in both on-prem and cloud IT infrastructure.
- Broad technical understanding of storage, servers, networks (WAN & LAN), backup technologies, desktop, security technologies, operating systems, virtualisation and a
- applications covering Microsoft technologies. An understanding of cloud technologies including Azure and AWS is desirable.
- Indicative Minimum years’ experience in leading projects from an architecture perspective and following a process that leads to the customer’s desired outcome in both on-prem and cloud IT infrastructure:
- Any direct reports: matrix project lead responsibilities, rather than line management. This may change as the company grows, so certainly line management could follow for Lead/Principal Consultant over time
- Who the role reports to all roles will report to Director of Consultancy.
- Knowledge of Azure technologies.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Servers, Storage, Email, and Identity Management.
- Ability to represent technological solutions in diagrams that are immediately understandable to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- · Option of home-based contract or office-based contract, by negotiation
- · 25 days holiday per year, public holidays are on top of this.
- · Flexible working structure – Output based, not location or time based.
- · Workplace pension scheme, upon successful completion of probationary period.
- · Cycle to work scheme.
- · 2 charity days per year.
- · £1500 annual training allowance.