13 days ago
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Salary: Up to 35k
We work with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. Our goal is to become the number one provider for software companies, and so we need more people with real development experience to work across sales and delivery and make sure our clients know we care and really get their world. That’s where you come in.
As a Tech Specialist, you’ll be expected to quickly gain a deep understanding of the funding schemes we offer and get stuck in helping clients to get the best from us within a few weeks. You’ll be at a pivot point between our account management and delivery teams, often accompanying clients on their journey with us from initial conversations right through to funding.
- Background in engineering and science.
- Minimum of a year experience
- Confident in speaking to all levels about tech.
- Genuine interest and passion in the tech industry.
- Worked in R&D tax before
- Writing experience
- Client-facing experience
- Curious and inquisitive nature.
- 4-5 people in the team
- Flat Hierarchy
- Up to 6 weeks of holiday per year
- Flexible and remote working policy
- £2,000 yearly training budget
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly “lunch force” allowance
- Monthly company picnics
- Regular wellness days and fun days
On a typical day 6 months into this role, you might be:
- Researching a client ahead of a call and/or meeting with their CTO, using your in-depth knowledge of the regulations to determine whether the client’s projects are eligible
- Explaining the R&D Tax Credits scheme to a developer in order to guide them through the process
- Finalising the technical report for one of the UK’s hottest start-up’s claim
- Changing a company policy to speed up our delivery processes
- Drafting a list of questions to interview a client to probe further into their technology
- Hands on experience within Engineering or Science
- Genuine interest/passion for the Tech industry
- Confident in speaking with Developers/CTO’s about Tech
- London based
As part of the application process please complete exercise and scenario below
The following exercise contains seven sentence completion exercises and one short scenario. Please allow yourself at most twenty-five minutes of time to finish this form at one sitting. This document will be used for our recruitment and internal training purposes only. Please respond as spontaneously and honestly as you can.
Sentence Completion Exercise
1. A good boss is
2. Empathy is
3. I am.
4. Respect is
5. If I can’t get what I want.
6. If I were in charge.
7. The challenging thing about working with others is.
We do not have managers, but we recognize that most of our candidates have a recent experience of managing or being managed. So, in this scenario please assume you are tasked with managing the employee and situation.
Adam is your star sales guy; he hits his targets month in, month out. Recently though you started hearing disgruntled voices around some of his strategies. It seems while clients are all happy with his work (and so are you definitely with the results!), his direct colleagues are concerned about his interpersonal skills. You suspect part of it may be colleagues just being envious about his results, but you also noticed a few times where it seemed he was being rather aggressive to a colleague. He can be overconfident and exceedingly impatient with others at times. You have a performance review scheduled with him for next week, he is expecting all praises and is keen on his annual bonus. You are not exactly sure whether and how to
broach this particular subject to him. What would you do and why?