Up to 65k
8 days ago
Role: Technology Business Partner
Location: London Office-based; or Homeworker
Are you a technology expert that enjoys being the key interface between Technology and the business? You are the talent my client is looking for to:
- Provide technical expertise and be the go-to point of contact for technology queries.
- Advise stakeholders on how to utilise technology to enable solutions and build operational excellence in their areas
- Translate business innovation into clear technical requirements which lead to efficient and effective systems for staff, members, and other stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities: Technology Business Partner
1. Responsible for developing technology requirements with each function of the business, working closely across the teams to understand their needs and opportunities.
2. Identify and lead technology improvement opportunities relevant to increase efficiency, improve ways of working and increase the value of deliverables
3. Be a change agent within the organisation leading by example by embedding a culture of continuous improvement across teams to collectively drive innovation of core company products and services.
4. Working closely with internal and external design teams to build prototypes and refine decisions, provide advice, and gather technical requirements for new initiatives, liaising with business owners and product stakeholders as required.
5. In collaboration with the testing team, assist with the business development of automated testing routines for new initiatives.
6. Represent the technology team on cross-office projects, working alongside the internal project team and various business stakeholders to deliver high-quality outputs.
7. Work in collaboration with staff and other stakeholders from all levels to gather business requirements and
create detailed technical specification documents for the design and development teams.
8. Facilitate requirements gathering workshops and consult with staff to ensure that the needs of all stakeholders are accounted for.
9. Become integrated with all areas of the technology team to maintain a good knowledge of existing
developments which can be communicated across other teams.
10. Responsible for overseeing the usage of technology across the business and ensuring that staff are able to utilise the tools available to maximise their efficiently.
11. Maintain a good understanding of the business by regularly engaging with teams and internal stakeholders and proactively suggesting how technology can support the delivery of business objectives.
12. Assist the Technology Director with the development and delivery of the Technology strategy and by representing the team both internally and externally.
Education/Qualification: Technology Business Partner
Degree level or equivalent qualification. Relevant experience acceptable.
Previous experience or understanding of Cloud services – Microsoft 365, Azure – advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required: Technology Business Partner
• Notable experience of developing business problems into highly technical solutions and working with design and development teams to see them through to implementation, working to timelines and milestones.
• A creative problem solver with hands on experience of delivering success in a partnership model, and can articulate the value that this approach brings.
• Able to translate technical specifications for a non-technical audience, as well translating non-technical needs into a technical format.
• Essential to have a strong technical understanding, including knowledge of the IT development lifecycle.
• Excellent communication approach with engaging written skills, works effectively within a team, understands the impact of own actions on colleagues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade influence and, when appropriate, challenge with tact and diplomacy.
• Creative and analytical thinking style, applying tenacity in the face of obstacles, with excellent problem-solving skills, and suggest practical resolutions.
• Previous experience of creating clear technical documentation and proposals for the design team to develop.
• Experienced in creating and facilitating workshops, extracting the relevant information, and getting the best possibly input from all parties.
• Strong collaborator, working with the business to proactively identify areas for automation and digital improvement, extract the maximum potential from the existing tools and technical awareness to identify
technology opportunities and align these to the business needs
• Demonstrable experience of effectively motivating and inspiring staff, focusing them on successful outcomes.
• High level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open, and honest.
• Ability to work professionally to deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Outlook, and Teams.