4 months ago
Job Title: Test Lead – CRM and Channels Location: London
Salary: £50k to £60k
We are a G15 housing association with strong heritage. Having just implemented a large CRM application (MS Dynamics) across the organisation, we are now moving to the next phase. There is an ambitious programme of work to use CRM to improve many aspects of customer experience, including the support for new channels, digitisation of existing processes, and innovation through new technology.
This role requires someone able to provide direction and supervision on all aspects of testing, as well as contributing directly as a tester when the need arises.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure that CRM and Channels test procedures are fit-for-purpose and that testing within the team is performed to a high standard.
The Test Lead will directly supervise other test resources, including coaching, mentoring and performance management. The Test Lead will work other test resources, the Lead Developers and the Scrum Master to ensure that testing is at the right time and to the right standard.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
To co-ordinate all testing activities across the CRM and Channels delivery team.
To be responsible for defining how defect management works within the team and monitoring its effectiveness.
Working with the Scrum Master, to plan testing effectively for releases, ensuring that testing is completed in time for the critical release milestones.
Define policies, methods and resource structure for testing across scrum teams.
Implement best testing practices.
Ensure that the creation of test data is done in a workable way that meets the requirements of the testers and the organisation information handling policies.
To provide daily and weekly Test Reports to the Delivery Manager and other stakeholders.
To ensure that all test documentation is fit-for-purpose and kept up-to-date.
Review Test scenarios created by testers to ensure they are of the right standard and apply agreed principles and practice.
To take an active role in refinement and sprint planning meetings to ensure that User Stories and Features are suitable for inclusion in a Sprint and that effort estimates are accurate.
To coach and aid testers in their understanding and application of agreed test practice.
To assist with testing during peak periods.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
Role Specific Skills/Experience:
- Experience testing applications built using MS Dynamics CRM.
- Strong experience working as part of a Scrum team.
- Experience leading medium to large test teams.
- Solid understanding of BDD.
- Experience working with complex data sets.
- Strong planning and co-ordination skill.
- Ability to coach and mentor other team members.
- Experience of providing reports on test progress and metrics.
- Experience with Test Automation.
- Experience with Performance Testing.
- Knowledge of TSQL.
- Experience of test practice in a DevOps environment.
- ISTQB or ISEB certification to at least Foundation level. Any of the more advanced ISTQB qualifications preferred.
- Under-graduate degree or equivalent in a computing discipline.
- 5+ years leading Test Teams in Agile projects