6 days ago
Job Title: Test Automation Engineer – CRM and Channels
Salary: £50k - £55k
We are a G15 housing association with strong heritage. Having just implemented a large CRM application (MS Dynamics) across the organisation, we are now moving to the next phase. There is an ambitious programme of work to use CRM to improve many aspects of customer experience, including the support for new channels, digitisation of existing processes, and innovation through new technology.
This role requires someone able to build automated tests based upon specifications of features and user stories and own the operation of those tests and our test automation framework.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
To function as an effective member of the Scrum team, working to company’s Scrum practice.
To work with Developers, Business Analysts, the Product Owner and business users to fully understand the requirements for items to be built so that appropriate tests can be applied.
To own and the Test Automation Framework and adapt and enhance it on an ongoing basis in line with continuous improvement of delivery methods.
To maintain existing test automation test scenarios in accordance with changes to functionality.
To create new SpecFlow BDD scenarios derived from the acceptance criteria of user stories.
To report on the outcome of test automation results and deal with any failures or exceptions.
To assist with knowledge transfer of test automation to test team.
To keep abreast of coding standards and best automation practices and ensure that they are applied within the delivery team.
Troubleshoot CRM issues and challenges relating to automated tests.
Work closely with developers to ensure Azure DevOps (a.k.a. TFS) automation builds run daily.
* Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
* Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
* Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
* To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
Role Specific Skills/Experience:
* Experience working with CRM Dynamics.
* Strong agile experience working in SCRUM methodologies.
* Experience working with Azure DevOps (a.k.a. TFS)
* Experience working with Visual Studio 2015/2017.
* Strong experience writing automated test frameworks using Selenium WebDriver.
* Strong experience writing SpecFlow automation tests following best practices.
* Solid understanding of BDD.
* Demonstrable ability of using C#.
* Ability to efficiently maintain Page Object frameworks.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Experience working with complex data sets.
* Experience with VSTS builds
* Experience with CodedUI
* Basic Performance Testing Skills
* ISTQB or ISEB certification to Foundation level.
* Under-graduate degree or equivalent in a computing disciplline.
* 5+ years within Test Automation