9 months ago
This represents an outstanding opportunity for an individual to start their career as a paralegal. We are a commercial practice with a strong focus on commercial property, agriculture and rural estates and the food sector. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
We are looking for a dynamic Trainee Paralegal who ideally has experience of working within a private practice.
The successful candidate will work alongside commercial property specialists who are regarded as being among the best in their field. This is an exciting opportunity to do interesting and good quality work as a member of a growing team which looks outwards and thrives on doing a great job for clients.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Good IT and keyboard skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload especially under pressure
• Accurate with good attention detail
• Evidence of good customer facing skills
• Evidence of an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to work alone using initiative and as part of a team
Day to day responsibilities are:
• To assist in the delivery of commercial property/development services in agreed legal topics and sectors to current and new clients.
• To assist the fee earners and support the sub-team in line with Firm and Departmental
• Ensure excellence in client service
• Grow the business in line with agreed objectives and targets
• Generate sustainable growth in profit by maximising the fee-earning capacity of sub-team
• Use the skills of delegation and follow up to ensure our work complies with our obligations in relation to both regulation and governance as well as our professional accreditations and the standards by which we have chosen to run our business.
• Create an environment in which people are valued, given opportunities to develop and can carry out their best work on a daily basis.
Fee-earning tasks will include: -
• To produce legal documentation as required
• Drafting of basic deeds, documents and letters
• Drafting financial statements
• To research and prepare appropriate property searches
• To engage in legal research as appropriate
• Basic correspondence and telephone calls on client matters
• Appreciation of legal procedures
Administrative tasks will include:-
• To deal with administrative routines, and provide administrative support as required by the team
• To manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls, e-mails and facsimile transmissions as required
• Transcription of digital dictation
• Maintenance of client relationship management Data and property records
• Monitoring compliance and Lexcel requirements
• To be involved in the efficient management of client/matter files, and assist with good financial management, as and when appropriate
• Assist with reception of clients and arrangement of meetings as required